Announced at Marvel’s Next Big Thing panel at New York Comic Con, from the people who brought you Avengers: No Surrender comes another weekly Avengers comic, Avengers: No Road Home. Written by Jim Zub, Mark Waid, and Al Ewing, and drawn by Paco “Funky Cold” Medina and Sean Izaakse, However, details were limited at the convention, prompting writer Jim Zub to take to his blog and answer questions about it.
First of all, get ready to open your wallets, because Avengers: No Surrender will indeed run alongside the regular Avengers ongoing, and some minor story points will crossover between the two, despite them telling separate stories. But at least you don’t have to buy the back issues of No Surrender if you haven’t read it, because Zub says No Road Home is a “spiritual successor” to that story, not a sequel, and you don’t have to read one to enjoy the other. The cast of the book will feature “less than half” of the Avengers that No Surrender did, which was 26 Avengers, and the cast will include Hawkeye, Hercules, Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Spectrum, Vision, Voyager, and Rocket Raccoon. And just as No Surrender featured the return of Hulk, with a similarly big moment at NYCC, Zub elaborates: “Our mid-point has a huge reveal that will definitely have readers talking. It’s going to be wild.”
Zub also provided some nice clean looks at the first three covers by Yasmine Putri, so check those out below:
- Archangel’s Loyalty Tested in Next Week’s Uncanny X-Men #6 - December 15, 2018
- Is Rocking a Mullet a Reason to Kill a Man? Next Week’s Domino #9 - December 15, 2018
- The @#$%ing Exiles Attack in Next Week’s Exiles #11 - December 15, 2018
- Discussing Canadian Politics at the Dinner Table in Champions Annual #1 - December 15, 2018
- Scarlet Spider’s Continuity is Too Convoluted for the Inheritors to Swallow in Next Week’s Spider-Geddon Finale - December 15, 2018