Captain America #4 by Ta-Nehisi Coates, Leinil Yu, Gerry Alanguilan and Sunny Gho is published today. With such a famous political commentator now writing comics for Marvel, some have been delighted, others disappointed in how little overt partisan politics Coates has written into those stories in both Black Panther and Captain America. And some have been really annoyed that they can’t use such a thing as a stick to beat Marvel Comics with.
Well, clearly someone has been listening. And in today’s Captain America we have Sharon Carter, imprisoned, being told certain observations by her Russian counterpart.
And it’s a tribute, from her at least, as to the heartland/flyover states of the USA. With the ‘red wave’ being intepreted with Russian eyes.
If you wanted a parallel for Russian involvement in American elections and the resultant collective shrug from a lot of America… well you could go down that route here. I would like to point out that it’s the bad guy saying this of course. Bad gal I mean. But still. Is this an eample of the trope ‘The Villain Has A Point’?
Or something that can be rejected out of hand? As ever, you the reading public get to decide…
CAPTAIN AMERICA #4
(W) Ta-Nehisi Coates (A) Leinil Francis Yu (CA) Alex Ross
WINTER IN AMERICA Continues!
With Sharon missing, Cap must single-handedly invade the stronghold of his enemies! But even if he makes it through, what’s waiting for him is a hundred times more formidable: Taskmaster!
Rated T+ In Shops: Oct 10, 2018 SRP: $3.99
- Is New Year’s Day’s Doctor Who Actually Called Resolution Of The Daleks? - December 9, 2018
- Ten Thoughts about Doctor Who Series 11 Finale: The Battle Of Ranskoor Av Kolos - December 9, 2018
- BBC Confirms: No Doctor Who Series 12 Until 2020 - December 9, 2018
- “The DNA Of The Most Dangerous Creature In the Universe” – Trailer For Resolution, The Doctor Who New Year’s Day 2019 Special - December 9, 2018
- Ollie’s Outlets Selling $3.3 Million of Graphic Novels at 80% Off - December 9, 2018