Now that the fallout from Telltale Games going bankrupt is nearing a public conclusion for a while, people’s eyes are turning to Skybound for their next move. The company purchased the rights and assets to finish The Walking Dead: The Final Chapter from the now-defunct developer, so naturally, people are curious about what will become of everything and everyone working on it. Variety chatted with Skybound’s Dan Murray about the situation, which we have a few quotes for you below, in which he elaborated on the idea that they will be looking out for the employees first and foremost before the game, which already sounds like good news to us.
“We are plugged in with our partners, but these are businesses being run and we try not to control their business,” Dan Murray, president of Skybound Interactive, told Variety. “We knew some of the challenges Telltale was facing, but when the news hits so suddenly everyone was taken off guard.”
“The game industry is always filled with challenges. It’s hard making games,” Murray said. “Whenever something like this comes up, our intention is to try and do the right thing, not just by the brand, but by the fans. This was our chance to do both. It’s also our intention to make sure to do right by the people we were working with. This is a business that is made by people, and when things like this happen there is a human cost. We are trying to do what we can to work with the original staff and provide a soft landing.”
“We are doing our best to take care of the people,” he said. “Our intent is to work with the original team but there are a lot of moving parts. I don’t want to get into the specifics around the deal itself, but I will say this: We are doing everything we can to do right by the people making the game. There’s not a huge upside for the corporate entity of Telltale Games.
- Com2us and Skybound Partner to Make Summoners War Comics and Animations
- Telltale Bequeaths Robert Kirkman's Skybound Rights to Finish Walking Dead Season 4
- Telltale Games Pulls The Walking Dead: The Final Season From Sales
- Telltale Games Debuts The Walking Dead: The Final Season's Online Story Builder
- Telltale Games Teases Walking Dead Fans with New Promo Photos
- Telltale Games' Walking Dead Is Back For Season 2 And If You Haven't Played Before, You Should Catch Up
- Epic Games Teases Fortnite Halloween Event With Fortnitemares - October 22, 2018
- Bandai Namco Unveil Kane’s First Jump Force Pics - October 22, 2018
- The Classic Tetris World Championship Has a New King - October 22, 2018
- MediEvil is Supposed to Get An Update Sometime in the Next Few Weeks - October 21, 2018
- Tekken 7: Fated Retribution – Round 2 Will Hit Japan in February - October 21, 2018