We’ve been wondering where James Gunn may end up post-Disney departure, but according to a new report, it looks like he may indeed be ending up over at Warner Bros. to head their DC Comics Suicide Squad film, which may or may not be an all-new take on the property.
A move from the House of Mouse post-firing has been widely speculated for some time, as the Guardians of the Galaxy writer/director was reportedly being courted by several different studios.
This first report comes from i09, and we’re waiting on additional sources for more information.
Borys Kit of The Hollywood Reporter says:
Being told that Gunn's SUICIDE SQUAD will not be a sequel, he will have a whole new take on it. But whether that means a total recasting or not is unclear.
— Borys Kit (@Borys_Kit) October 9, 2018
Erik Davis of Fandango echoed this sentiment:
THIS JUST IN: James Gunn returns! He's now in talks to write and direct a new #SuicideSquad movie for DC. It would not be a sequel to the first, but instead an all new fresh take from Gunn. Down for it 1,000% pic.twitter.com/Mbw5zynzUR
— Erik Davis (@ErikDavis) October 9, 2018
- Check Out the New International Aquaman “Fish Boy” Trailer - October 16, 2018
- Jonah Hill Interviews His Favorite Actress, Edie Falco - October 16, 2018
- 5 Images from BBC One’s ‘Les Misèrables’ Adaptation - October 16, 2018
- 2019’s ‘The Simpsons’ Treehouse of Horror XXX will be Episode 666 - October 16, 2018
- Eminem Performs Title ‘Venom’ Track at Empire State Building - October 16, 2018