From Silicon Valley to Fantasy Island, Jimmy O Yang is joining the Blumhouse feature adaptation of the wish-fulfillment show.
It’s already been announced that Michael Pena will be playing Mr. Roarke, the island overseer. Yang will apparently be playing Brax, a guest on the island with his adoptive brother. He’ll have the wish of wanting it all (are there parallels with his character in the summer’s hit Crazy, Rich, Asians in which Yang starred as Bernard Tai – a character who HAS it all? absolutely).
Jeff Wadlow who directed Truth or Dare for Blumhouse, is attached and is working on writing a script with Chris Roach and Jillian Jacobs.
The film is a co-production between Blumhouse and Sony who will also split financial duties.
In addition to starring in Crazy, Rich, Asians Yang was also in The Happytime Murders and is set to have a guest spot on the fifth season of Fresh off the Boat alongside Crazy, Rich, Asians co-star Constance Wu.
He remains a series regular as Jian-Yang on HBO’s Silicon Valley and published a book earlier this year called How to American: An Immigrant’s Guide to Disappointing Your Parents.
- Crazy Rich Asians Surpasses $110M at the Domestic Box Office
- We Learn 'How to American' with Silicon Valley's Jimmy O. Yang
- Crazy Rich Asians Trailer Debuts
- Blumhouse's The Purge TV Series Adds The Leftovers' Amanda Warren, Colin Woodell
- Blumhouse Releases First Teaser For "The First Purge" During State Of The Union Address
- 'Halloween': Jamie Lee Curtis Is Coming Home To Haddonfield!
- 'Get Out' Director Jordan Peele Explains Why He Turned Down 'Akira'
- Celebrating ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’ Season 4 with Rachel Bloom and Gabrielle Ruiz - October 13, 2018
- Getting Wilde with Rupert Everett and ‘The Happy Prince’ - October 13, 2018
- Netflix Nabs Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s ‘John Henry & The Statesmen’ - October 9, 2018
- Jimmy O. Yang is Heading from ‘Silicon Valley’ to Blumhouse’s ‘Fantasy Island’ - October 9, 2018
- ‘Crazy, Rich, Asians’ Writer Adele Lim is Penning an Asian Animated Disney Film - October 9, 2018