For those in the United States, the Doctor Who premiere is still happening (we know, because we’re watching it as we speak right now). But it’s over in the U.K., and also at New York Comic Con, where attendees of the Doctor Who panel got to watch the simulcast live at the same time the rest of us did. With the screening wrapped (for them), the panel has begun, with the cast and producers talking about the upcoming season.
One notable difference… well, besides the showrunner and the gender of the Doctor… is that the Doctor’s four new friends (well, three… spoilers) aren’t known as companions. According to executive producer Matt Strevins, they’ve been avoiding using the term “companions” to describe, well, the Doctor’s companions. Instead, they’re referred to officially as “Friends of the Doctor.”
Well, change is good. Right?
Stay tuned to Bleeding Cool for more from New York Comic Con’s Doctor Who panel. Bleeding Cool’s Amanda Gurall and Adi Tandtimedh are on hand at the panel, sending us live updates.
- Gerry Conway Calls Out DC, Geoff Johns for Failing to Credit Comic Creators on Titans - October 13, 2018
- Chelsea Cain Responds to Chuck Wendig’s Marvel Firing With One Word: Union - October 13, 2018
- Traitor! The Beast Sells Out in Astonishing X-Men #16 - October 12, 2018
- Curt Pires and Antonio Fuso Blend James Bond and The X-Files in Wyrd - October 12, 2018
- Dark Horse Goes Fishing For Dollars With Troy Nixey’s Trout Collection - October 12, 2018