Comic creators Matt Fitch and Chris Baker have hit New York Comic Con with SelfMadeHero’s stateside partner Abrams, speaking on a panel and signing copies of their latest graphic novel, Apollo.
But they had to get there first. Here’s the Englishmen In New York: The Fitch/Baker Diaries video number one for Bleeding Cool, as they fly, land, get there and are ensconced in the huge show surrounding their barely comprehending heads…
They’d better get it together sharpish. They have a panel today ‘Graphic Novels That Make History’ about the process of creating comics that deal with factual subject matter. Why not go along and laugh at their jet lag?
Graphic Novels That Make History
October 06, 2018, 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Room 1C03 – Javits CenterNonfiction graphic novels are more popular than ever — from Persepolis to March they have been recognized as an important medium in the pop culture landscape. But what does the future of the genre look like, and what stories still need to be told? Panelists Peter Tomasi (The Bridge), Nathan Hale (Lafayette!) Ted Fox and James Otis Smith (Showtime at the Apollo), Mikaël (Giant), and Matt Fitch and Chris Baker (Apollo) will discuss what important historical figures, events, and movements they are eager to share with their audiences, and why. They will also discuss upcoming projects and what they think is next is the world of nonfiction graphic novels. Moderated by Abraham Riesman, staff writer at New York Magazine.
- Valiant Hires Drew Baumgartner and Zane Warman - December 17, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics March 2019 Solicitations - December 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Damage in 2019? - December 17, 2018
- Frankensteining DC Comics March 2019 Solicitations – Heroes In Crisis, Detective Comics #1000, Watchmen - December 17, 2018
- Radio Times Celebrates 40th Anniversary of a Comic, Puts The Snowman on Their Christmas Cover - December 17, 2018