Of all the character int he entire SoulCalibur series we didn’t expect to see return, Inferno was near the top of that list. But apparently, he is coming back in SoulCalibur VI. If you’re new to the series and don’t really remember the character, he’s the primary villain for the first three games after Soul Edge. In fact, his name was Soul Edge in Soul Blade because he is the embodiment of the evil will and souls collected within the sword itself. He showed up in various places after that when the series put new antagonists in that role, which is fine because unlike other characters in the series, Inferno barely has a story. Seriously, look it up, even fan-made wiki articles that go in-depth over the series spend more time talking about his appearance than his purpose.
Something that Bandai Namco didn’t really address this time around with the character is whether or not he will be a DLC character or be part of the main game. Unless the company pushes someone else already announced out of the current roster, we’re assuming it’s going to end up being an unlockable, not part of the main roster but not a DLC addition for later. Especially since he hasn’t been the main baddie for over a decade, there’s already a villain for this edition with Azwel, and we’re pretty sure this is more of a fan-service addition than a storyline addition. In any case, SoulCalibur VI will be out in two weeks time on October 19th. Enjoy the trailer!
- Bandai Namco and War Child UK Form Partnership on 11-11: Memories Retold DLC
- Bandai Namco Releases Part One of a SoulCalibur Retrospective
- SoulCalibur VI Will Receive a Beta Next Week
- Bandai Namco Release a SoulCalibur VI Mode Introduction Trailer
- Cervantes Leaked as Next Playable Character in SoulCalibur VI
- We Might Get SoulCalibur VI on Nintendo Switch After Launch
- Bandai Namco Reveal Azwel as Newest Character in SoulCalibur VI
- Gun Media Discusses the Future of Friday The 13th: The Game - October 16, 2018
- Bridge Constructor Portal Adds a Level Editor in Latest Update - October 16, 2018
- Black Desert Online Receives Two Event Bosses for Halloween - October 16, 2018
- Bethesda Explains Why Fallout 76 Won’t Be Coming to Steam - October 16, 2018
- Sony Says The PS4 Message Hacks Have Been Fixed - October 16, 2018