IDW has announced a six-issue Star Trek event bringing together The Original Series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager. Scott and David Tipton will write the series with art by David Messina. Announced at New York Comic Con, the publisher revealed the details in a press release:
When a dispute between godlike beings threatens the galaxy, it will take all of Starfleet’s best captains to stop them. James T. Kirk, Jean-Luc Picard, Kathryn Janeway, and Benjamin Sisko must go head-to-head in a competition rigged by the arrogant Q and his nigh-omnipotent cohorts.
Scott Tipton said:
This is it – the biggest Star Trek series ever, spanning starships, centuries, and galaxies! All of Starfleet’s most legendary officers join together for the first time against some of the greatest threats they’ve ever faced. It’s like nothing you’ve seen before!
David Tipton added:
But it wouldn’t be Star Trek if it wasn’t also about character, and with so many Starfleet legends crossing paths for the first time ever, The Q Conflict will give readers the opportunity to see all their favorite characters in a brand-new light.
And David Messina:
Being at work on Star Trek: The Q Conflict is like coming home after a five-year mission away To draw characters like Spock and Picard at a time that’s so exciting for the Star Trek franchise? It’s awesome.
The comic hits stores in January with connecting variants by Messina and retailer incentive variants by George Caltsoudas and J.K. Woodward.
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018
- Adventure Time Lives On Comic Form in First Look at Season 11 #2 - October 18, 2018
- It’s Time to Admit There Isn’t a Snyder Cut of Justice League… Because There’s 2 of Them - October 18, 2018
- Get Your First Look at The Great Wiz and the Ruckus Middle-Grade OGN - October 18, 2018