“Hollow” is a 12-page story by Brian Azzarello and Greg Capullo appearing in the Swamp Thing Halloween 100 Page Giant Special appearing in Walmarts in the USA this week.
Children can’t help but be curious about what lurks in the woods at the edge of town on Halloween night…and unfortunately for them, this group of trick-or-treaters has crossed paths with a mysterious witch who has her own tale to tell about where curiosity leads—directly into the path of the creature known only as Swamp Thing! Can they escape her clutches? Or is there something much worse out there that they should REALLY fear?
And here are four of those twelve pages…
It also includes HOUSE OF SECRETS #92 from 1971, which features Swamp Thing’s very first appearance, written and drawn by co-creators Len Wein (writer) and Bernie Wrightson (artist). 1971’s “Night of the Reaper,” from BATMAN #237, features two more giants of superhero storytelling, writer Denny O’Neil and artist Neal Adams, telling a Halloween tale of revenge and the search for a Nazi war criminal.
2007’s DC INFINITE HALLOWEEN SPECIAL also contributes to this issue, with stories featuring DC heroes Superman (“Strange Cargo”), Blue Devil and Enchantress (“The Pumpkin Sinister”) and Zatanna (“Kcirt ro Taert”). The book also reprints a Batman tale from the 2008 DC INFINITE HALLOWEEN SPECIAL, “The Ballad of Jonathan Crane,” as well as “Night Gods” from 2010’s THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD, starring Aquaman and the Demon.
- Kraven The Hunter Returns in March’s Amazing Spider-Man - December 14, 2018
- Now DC Comics Makes Border Town Back Issues Returnable - December 14, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List, 14th December 2019 – An Annual Surprise - December 14, 2018
- Cambridge Analytica, the Sequel, in Drone Range of Parliament - December 14, 2018
- The Comic Shop Opens in Crawley, England, in Three Days Time - December 14, 2018