Okay, okay, I missed yesterday’s LITG apologies…
Welcome to the daily (mostly) Lying In The Gutters. A runaround yesterday’s news on the site and what we might expect today. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Five most read stories yesterday.
- First Look at Grimmer, Grittier, Dickless Post-Shooting Nightwing #50
- The Age Of X-Man Comes to Uncanny X-Men in January 2019
- Mike W Barr Replies to Young Justice: Outsiders Comments
- Prescient Joe Quesada Draws Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant 2 Decades Before Needing It
- A Better Shot Of That Age Of X-Man Cover for Uncanny X-Men
We got some pre-NYCC announcements
- Kieron Gillen and Caspar Wijngaard Launch New Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt Comic For Dynamite
- ‘Costume Weirdness’ in Captain Marvel #1 by Kelly Thompson, Carmen Carnero and Tamra Bonvillain Launching in January
- Chuck Palahniuk Launches Fight Club 3 With Cameron Stewart in January 2019
- DC Comics – Talent Celebration at Titans Premiere. Invite only for DC Comics creators.
- GeekLifeRules: NY Cosplay Cabaret™ III: Road to NYCC, Broadway Comedy Club, 53Above Broadway, 318 West 53rd Street, 7.30-8.45pm. Performers and patrons alike are invited to dress in costumes from pop culture featuring songs and parodies from your favorite genre TV series, films, comics and musicals done in cosplay. $10 in advance, $15 week/day of show.
- Spoons, Toons & Booze: NYCC Edition Nitehawk Cinema 9:30 – 11:30pm Your Favorite Saturday Morning Cartoons + a Free Sugary Cereal Bar + a Special Menu of Superhero-Themed Episodes! One FREE Brooklyn Defender IPA*, the official beer of New York Comic Con, with entry, plus discounted beers throughout the show. $0
- NYCC Kick Off Event with Daniel HDR and Gustavo Borges hosted by Dewey’s Comic City, New Jersey and BOOM! Studios. 4 PM – 9 PM EDT
- NYCC Mega-signing kick-off with Exclusive Vault Comics Covers hosted by Escape Pod Comics and Vault Comics in New York 6 PM – 9 PM EDT
Happy birthdays to:
- Deadpool, Cable and Youngblood co-creator Rob Liefeld
- A Waste Of Time cartoonist Rick Worley
- Zombies Vs Cheerleaders artist Jim Kyle
- Co-publisher of Monkeybrain Book and director of production at IDW, Allison Baker
- Azure and Thanos artist Daniel Govar
- Com x publisher Benjamin Shahrabani
Sign up for the LitG list below if you’re not on it already. See you tomorrow….
- Will Bunker Come to Titans TV Season 2? - October 22, 2018
- Warren Ellis Tells You What to Expect in Castlevania Season 2 From Netflix - October 22, 2018
- DC Comics’ Reboot of Books Of Magic This Week - October 22, 2018
- First Review: The Green Lantern #1 by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp – From 2000AD to Preacher? - October 22, 2018
- Valiant Entertainment to Publish ‘The Forgotten Queen’ - October 22, 2018