It appears Splinter Cell may have a new bit of life behind the IP, if you believe a brief quote from an interview with one of Ubisoft’s top creative heads. Game Informer has an interview up today with the company’s Chief Creative Officer, Serge Hascoet, which covers a lot of territory for what Ubisoft has int he works for certain titles. At one point they bring up some of the company’s older properties and received an interesting but brief response.
Some Ubisoft brands have fallen dormant in the last 5-10 years. Do you have a roadmap for any of that stuff you want to share with fans so they know yes, you hear their calls?
I love Splinter Cell. I love Prince of Persia. I can’t disclose any information at this time, but I can say we are fighting for resources. It’s not a question of will, it’s a question of means.
While that says absolutely nothing about anything specific being in development, it does show that there are people in the company who want to bring back some of the classic titles that made the company a standout in the previous decade. When we’ll see anything is a totally different story, but it shows promise we may see a Splinter Cell title again.
- Ubisoft Shutting Down Online Services for a Few Old Titles
- Amazon Italy Leaks Several Games Including Bloodborne 2
- Dean Evans Leaves Ubisoft After New Project is Shelved
- Are You Being Repped For A Comic Con Without Your Knowledge?
- Creators On The Rise: Talking With Steve Niles, Justin Jordan, Andrew Carl and Nathan Edmondson At Awesome Con
- An Army Of Ghosts Takes Over London - Interviewing The Ghosts Collective
- GOG.com Posts Another Poorly Chosen Tweet, Then Retracts - October 23, 2018
- Twitch Announces Four New Celebrity Twitch Talks This Weekend - October 23, 2018
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy Receives a New Launch Trailer - October 23, 2018
- Thronebreaker is Not Coming to the Nintendo Switch - October 23, 2018
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for October 23-29, 2018 - October 23, 2018