There has been a lot of reshuffling when it came to the release dates of the X-Men movies. It’s a little weird to think, going in 2018, we thought we were getting three X-Men movies. Then it was two and now it’s one [kind of we aren’t sure what that Christmas Deadpool thing is yet]. The cause for a lot of these delays have been reshoots and while most of the focus has been on Dark Phoenix Collider did speak to Simon Kinberg about New Mutants. The movie is being marketed as a horror movie but what rating will it have? Kinberg says it’s still in flux.
“It’s the kind of movie that could go R, or it could be a hard PG-13. As I was saying before in terms of subgenres or the genre, it is obviously teased as a horror film, and most horror films these days are R-rated, but it stars a very young cast, so we’ll see. It really is what the movie wants to be. The studio is open to either rating… Traditionally, superhero movies are PG-13 other than Logan and the Deadpool movies, and generally, horror films are R-rated, so we’ll see where this one falls. It is a very scary, edgy movie.”
We have to wonder how many times Fox needs to make a ton of money off of R-rated superhero movies [Deadpool, Logan, Deadpool 2] before they realize that there is a real market for them. It turns out three movies that were smash hits is not enough proof because they appear to be wavering yet again which is a real shame.
Summary: Five young mutants, just discovering their abilities while held in a secret facility against their will, fight to escape their past sins and save themselves.
The New Mutants, directed by Josh Boone, stars Anya Taylor-Joy, Alice Braga, Maisie Williams, Charlie Heaton, Blu Hunt, and Henry Zaga. It will be released on August 2, 2019.
- Aquaman Director James Wan Was Given the Opportunity to Direct The Flash - December 16, 2018
- Amy Adams Clarifies That She Isn’t Officially out of the DC Universe - December 16, 2018
- From Spider-Ham to Sinister Six Sony Isn’t Ruling Anything out for Future Movies - December 14, 2018
- First Details for the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sequel and Spin-Off are Confirmed - December 14, 2018
- Jason Momoa Comments on Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck Reportedly Leaving the DC Universe - December 13, 2018