Dynamite Entertainment is set to launch a brand new program for their high-end giclée prints this winter. The Dynamite Giclée Program will feature some of the company’s better-known characters illustrated for the art collector or comics enthusiast.
The first print to reach specialty retailers and comic shops will be Vampirella, drawn by Dave Stevens (The Rocketeer) and measure 34 3/4″ X 17 1/2″. Following releases will see creations by Jae Lee, Joe Jusko, Joseph Michael Linsner and more.
Printed on canvas, stretched, then framed, giclées are high-end reproductions that capture every detail of the original humanly, mechanically, or technically possible. The resulting print has no perceptible dot pattern, an endless array of richly-saturated colour, and every nuance of the original image. The latest inks offer a 70-year light-fastness and UV-resistance under museum archival conditions.
“We’re incredibly passionate about the artists we work with and the artwork they create. This new Giclée program will give fans a chance to appreciate some of the more iconic pieces we’ve published in our history,” said Nick Barrucci, CEO and Publisher of Dynamite Entertainment. “We’re beginning with a beautiful rendition of Vampirella by the excellent Dave Stevens, from there we’ll offer limited print runs of additional characters and artists on a monthly basis.”
The Dynamite Giclée Program commences with Dave Stevens’ Vampirella in January.
- New Jersey School Board Votes to Keep Alison Bechdel’s Fun Home on the Curriculum - October 13, 2018
- Big Books From Marvel in 2019 – Omnibus, Masterworks and Epic Lines - October 13, 2018
- Marvel Comics to Bring Back Starforce Ahead of Captain Marvel Film - October 13, 2018
- Marvel to Publish Sequel to Brendan Deenan and Cale Atkinson’s Night Night Groot - October 13, 2018
- Marvel to Publish Sequel to Oversized Behold… Galactus Hardcover in May - October 13, 2018