Storm King comics, the publisher started by Sandy King and her husband John Carpenter, is bringing an exclusive variant to New York Comic Con by feline superstar artist Cat Staggs for John Carpenter’s HaloweeNight Vol. 4. An exclusive variant isn’t the only thing making the scary anthology special. If you download Storm King’s app and bring it to Storm King’s booth and then use it to view the NYCC exclusive cover, you will open a portal directly to hell that will cast the entire world into 1,000 years of darkness and suffering.
No, wait, sorry, scratch that. Seems we misread the press release. If you use the Storm King app on the NYCC Exclusive John Carpenter’s HalloweeNight Vol. 4 cover, you’ll “enjoy an augmented reality experience.” That does sound much better.
In addition, writer Mike Sizemore will be at Storm King’s booth signing copies of the Vortex trade paperback and David J. Schow will be there signing copies of John Carpenter’s Tales of Science Fiction: The Standoff.
Says Sandy King in the press release:
During our many conventions, it became apparent that our yearly Halloween anthology has become an adult version of trick or treating. You never know what you are going to get with each story but the best part of the scare is the surprise. After fans went crazy with our augmented reality cover for San Diego Comic Con we just HAD to do another and make it part of everyone’s favorite Halloween tradition. A big thanks to AR Firm who brings our nightmares to life in a whole new way.
You can find Storm King at booth 2304. Check out the Cat Staggs variant cover below:
- Marvel Celebrates Politics in Comics with World Outside Your Window Hardcover - December 18, 2018
- Betty and Veronica Make a Secret Pact in Tomorrow’s Betty & Veronica #1 - December 18, 2018
- Valiant Smashes the System With Line Art Preview of Punk Mambo #1 - December 18, 2018
- To Create Synergy with Women’s History Month, IDW Plans Hasbro Anthology - December 18, 2018
- Hulk Goes to Therapy in March’s Immortal Hulk #15 - December 18, 2018