Oh Professor Xavier! It seems the X-Men founder’s storyline is a nonstop cycle of death (or faked death) followed by returns only to die (or fake his death) again. Most recently, Xavier returned in Astonishing X-Men by commandeering the body of Fantomex and remaking it in his own image (ew). But in What If? X-Men, in stores this week, it looks Xavier is on his way out again, though this is an alternate cyberpunk universe version of the Professor.
In the “more things change” category, however, it’s nice to know that Cable looks and acts exactly the same no matter what fictional universe he’s inhabiting.
Check out the preview below, and look for What If? X-Men in stores on Wednesday.
What If? X-Men
(W) Bryan Hill (A) Neil Edwards, Giannis Milonogiannis (CA) Rahzzah
From the publisher that gave you OLD MAN LOGAN and HOUSE OF M… The X-Men as you never imagined! Welcome to the EXE/scape, a digital wonderland of business and pleasure accessible to anyone with the social (or monetary) capital for the bio-mods needed to log in… Or you can bypass all of that by being born carrying an .EXE/gene! But circumventing the login regulations is exactly what got the likes of Charles Xavier and his .EXE/men banned and driven underground in the first place… Free-roamers u/Domino and u/Cable have taken every dirty job there is on the ‘scape, but when a simple data scrubbing job turns bad, the life of bio-mod magnate Erik Lehnsherr hangs in the balance, and with it, their very society… It’s a whole new world of X-Men by Bryan Edward Hill (Detective Comics), Neil Edwards (Justice League) and Giannis Milonogiannis (Ghost in the Shell: Global Neural Network)!
In Shops: Oct 03, 2018
- Undertaker OGN Reveals Why Knox County Mayor Kane Set Fire to Home [Spoilers] - October 15, 2018
- Apocalypse Gets a Bold New Costume in X-Men Black Mystique - October 15, 2018
- Marvel’s Jordan White Celebrates #XMenMonday With 10 Mystery X-Men Previews - October 15, 2018
- WWE Finally Gets That Mainstream Attention It Craves So Badly - October 15, 2018
- Why is Marvel Giving X-Men Fans the Chris Claremont Runaraound? [X-ual Healing 10-10-18] - October 14, 2018