It appears the next step for Google is to go in the direction of streaming games as they show off clips from Project Stream today. You can watch the video below as the company recorded clips from Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey in 1080p while supposedly streaming the game live. It looks pretty damn good, but again, this is a YouTube clip and not a service we’re seeing in action, so we’d prefer to see it in practicality. But it appears the company is taking a greater stab at streaming games in high quality and wrote a little bit about it here. Whether or not we’ll see this added to YouTube, or if this will be an entirely different service to compete with services like Mixer and Twitch is yet to be known.
The idea of streaming such graphically-rich content that requires near-instant interaction between the game controller and the graphics on the screen poses a number of challenges. When streaming TV or movies, consumers are comfortable with a few seconds of buffering at the start, but streaming high-quality games requires latency measured in milliseconds, with no graphic degradation.
The technology and creativity behind these AAA video games is extraordinary—from incredible detail and life-like movement of the characters’ skin, clothing, and hair, to the massive scale of the world in which the game unfolds, down to every last blade of grass. Every pixel is powered by an array of real-time rendering technology, artistry, visual effects, animation, simulation, physics and dynamics. We’re inspired by the game creators who spend years crafting these amazing worlds, adventures and experiences, and we’re building technology that we hope will support and empower that creativity.
- Assassin's Creed Will Soon Be Getting a Set of Wines
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Epic Mercenary Events Removed for Repair
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Director Says Series Should Always Offer Male and Female Choice Going Forward
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gets a Beautiful Launch Trailer.
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Has Already Gone Gold, According to Ubisoft
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey is Coming to Nintendo Switch in Japan via Streaming
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Is Coming, Details Will Be Revealed During E3
- Review: AZIO R.C.K. Vintage Typewriter Keyboard - December 10, 2018
- Fortnite Streamer Arrested For Alleged Domestic Abuse During Stream - December 10, 2018
- Bethesda Softworks Celebrates DOOM’s 25th Anniversary - December 10, 2018
- A List of Winners From the Gamer’s Choice Awards - December 10, 2018
- Worldbuilding On Multiple Levels: An Interview with Patrick Rothfuss - December 10, 2018