Steve Geppi owns Diamond Comic Distributors, 100% and is its President. The company that has exclusive contracts to distribute Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse, IDW, Boom, Dynamite, Archie and many more publishers to comic stores. If a comic book store does not go through Diamond, it will not get its weekly comics from anyone.
Which is it felt both apt and amusing for Steve Geppi to dress up for his daughter’s gangster themed birthday party as Don Corleone from The Godfather.
The quotes spill thick and fast.
‘I made him a promotional offer he could not refuse’
‘Revenge is a dish best distributed cold’
‘You talk about vengeance. Is vengeance going to bring your package back to you? Or my cheque to me?’
Anyway, just remember this at this week’s Diamond Retailer Breakfast. A breakfast that Steve Geppi has laid on for all the retailers, with swag bags to take home and very generous deals for all attending comic shop owners.
The Hudson River is right there and if you offend the Godfather of Comics, you could be distributed with the fishes…
- MCM London Debut: Five Years Later…. Josceline Fenton’s Hemlock #5 - October 22, 2018
- Frank Cho Gets His Ballpoint Out - October 22, 2018
- Amy Chu and Her Interns’ Commentary on Dejah Thoris #9 - October 22, 2018
- Zenscope’s Journey to MCM Via London’s Comic Shops - October 22, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 22nd October 2018 – Happy Birthday Steven Grant - October 22, 2018