Steve Geppi owns Diamond Comic Distributors, 100% and is its President. The company that has exclusive contracts to distribute Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse, IDW, Boom, Dynamite, Archie and many more publishers to comic stores. If a comic book store does not go through Diamond, it will not get its weekly comics from anyone.
Which is it felt both apt and amusing for Steve Geppi to dress up for his daughter’s gangster themed birthday party as Don Corleone from The Godfather.
The quotes spill thick and fast.
‘I made him a promotional offer he could not refuse’
‘Revenge is a dish best distributed cold’
‘You talk about vengeance. Is vengeance going to bring your package back to you? Or my cheque to me?’
Anyway, just remember this at this week’s Diamond Retailer Breakfast. A breakfast that Steve Geppi has laid on for all the retailers, with swag bags to take home and very generous deals for all attending comic shop owners.
The Hudson River is right there and if you offend the Godfather of Comics, you could be distributed with the fishes…
- Batman #61 – Cowardly And Superstitious Comic Book Writers? - December 19, 2018
- Captain America Still Can’t Let Go Of Secret Empire… (#6 Spoilers) - December 19, 2018
- Aquaman Gets A New Love Interest Today – Poor Mera…. (SPOILERS) - December 19, 2018
- Carol Danvers’ Brand New Origin Explained Today in Life Of Captain Marvel #5 (Spoilers) - December 19, 2018
- Brian Bendis Brings the C-Word to DC Comics With Cover #4 - December 19, 2018