Yesterday, we talked about how Nintendo showed off some trucks in Los Angeles related to Pokémon: Let’s Go, but didn’t give any info as to what they were doing. That got cleared up this afternoon at the company threw an event in L.A. with self-proclaimed Pokémon superfan Jordin Sparks, as the company will do a U.S. tour with both trucks to promote the game.
While it is pretty cool that we’re getting a tour, we should point out that seven cities doesn’t really qualify as a U.S. tour. Like, come on, Nintendo! Hit up all 50 states. If The Melvins could do it in 2012, you can do it, too. We have some additional details from Nintendo, as well as all seven dates for you to check out the games if they’re in your area.
Over the next two months, fans across the United States will have a chance to visit this colorful pop-up tour, featuring Pikachu- and Eevee-themed trucks, fun photo opportunities, special giveaways (while supplies last) and demos of the Nintendo Switch games. The game demos will also feature the Poké Ball Plus accessory, a new controller compatible with the games that looks and feels just like a real Poké Ball. Each stop on the tour will feature an exclusive (and adorable!) Pokémon Snapchat filter that can only be accessed at the event locations, and Pokémon GO players may even notice a higher frequency of Pikachu and Eevee sightings near the events!
“Pokémon games have always inspired a sense of adventure and community, and we’re excited to bring that to life with the Pokémon: Let’s Go, Road Trip!” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “Whether someone is a longtime Pokémon fan or a budding Trainer, this new pair of games offers a vibrant region to explore, Trainers to battle and, of course, tons of Pokémon to catch.”
- San Francisco, California
Oct. 6, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Seattle, Washington
Oct. 13, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Dallas, Texas
Oct. 20, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Topeka, Kansas
Oct. 27, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Chicago, Illinois
Nov. 3, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Boston, Massachusetts
Nov. 10, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- New York, New York
- Pokémon Café in Tokyo Will Have a Special Pokémon: Let's Go Menu
- Nintendo Teases a Pokémon: Let's Go Event in California
- Pokémon GO Players Try to Figure Out What a Meltan Is
- From The Rumor Mill: New Character Leaked for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Nintendo Releases New Details on Pokémon: Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee
- Pokémon GO is Letting You Vote for New Pokéstops
- Amazon Leaks Contents to D&D’s Guildmasters’ Guide to Ravnica - October 20, 2018
- Splash Damage Announces That Development on Dirty Bomb Will End - October 20, 2018
- The Fortnite Runes Are Moving Toward the Floating Island - October 20, 2018
- Predictably, Aimbots Have Come to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - October 19, 2018
- Insomniac Games Releases Two New Patches for Marvel’s Spider-Man - October 19, 2018