Say you are a comic book store that named yourself after a comic book character. Then the publisher of that character goes and kills them off in a major event. You might be bummed. Or you might just double down and open a second store.
Diamond Comic Distributors has been running special programmes to encourage comic book stores to expand with new outlets, creating chains, as it is seen as a more efficient way of creating new comic book stores than starting from scratch, with very generous start-up packages.
The latest to take them up on that offer is Eisner Award nominee Arsenal Comics & Games, who have a store in Newbury Park, California. Well, as of the beginning of this month, they also have a second store in Ventura. And it’s a biggun.
With big opening scissors to match. The insides are a little more expensive than their other stores as well.
Just, so, you know, I hope they aren’t too disappointed with Heroes In Crisis #1. After the events in that issue…
Bleeding Cool is happy to celebrate new comic stores opening, as well as marking when comic stores close. Do let us know when there are new comic book stores opening in your community.
- Forty Minutes of Alita: Battle Angel to be IMAX-Sized - December 11, 2018
- Is There a Post-Credit Scene in Aquaman? (No Spoilers) - December 11, 2018
- Aquaman Review: A Superhero Movie Without Any Depth [Spoiler Free, Ish] - December 11, 2018
- Jean-Marc Lofficier’s Writer’s Commentary on the Barbarella Holiday Special - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About ‘Spider-Man No More’ Was Wrong Too - December 11, 2018