After weeks of building anticipation (and a sternly-worded commentary from Bleeding Cool last week that we’re sure was ignored by horror anthology creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk), viewers of FX‘s American Horror Story: Apocalypse were finally treated to the return of Coven‘s Cordelia Goode (Sarah Paulson), Madison Montgomery (Emma Roberts), and Myrtle Snow (Frances Conroy) – who swept into Outpost 3 to save their “sisters” Mallory (Billie Lourd), Dinah (Adina Porter), and Coco (Leslie Grossman) – and from what we can see in the preview for next episode ‘Could It Be…Satan?,’ they’re ready to take the fight to Michael Langdon (Cody Fern)
American Horror Story: Apocalypse s08e04 ‘Could It Be … Satan?’: Written by Tim Minear; Directed by Sheree Folkson
And make sure to check out Bleeding Cool‘s review of last week’s episode ‘Forbidden Fruit’:
Fans of American Horror Story were treated to two great news drops at FX’s Television Critics Association (TCA) summer press event:
● the horror anthology series had been renewed for a 10th season (network CEO John Landgraf: “He (Murphy) asked for a 10th season of American Horror Story which we were happy to give to him”);
● Jessica Lange would be reprising her Murder House role as Constance Langdon, appearing in the sixth episode – also marking Paulson’s directorial debut on the show (Paulson: “I have the great pleasure of saying, yes, she (Lange) will be back”).
Sarah Paulson, Jessica Lange, Emma Roberts, Connie Britton, Dylan McDermott, Evan Peters, Kathy Bates, Cheyenne Jackson, Billie Lourd, Billy Eichner, Adina Porter, Leslie Grossman, Taissa Farmiga, Gabourey Sidibe, Lily Rabe, Frances Conroy, and Stevie Nicks are set to return to Murphy’s horrific universe. Joan Collins (Dynasty), Cody Fern (House of Cards), Ashley Santos (We All Fall Down), and Kyle Allen (The Path) will be joining the cast this season.
Now get your scorecards out to see how everyone matches up, AHS fans! Rabe appeared in the Murder House, Coven, Hotel, and Roanoke seasons, while Sidibe appeared in Coven, Freak Show, and Hotel. Farmiga appeared in Murder House, Coven, and Roanoke; AHS mainstay Conroy has appeared in six seasons: Murder House, Asylum, Coven, Freak Show, Roanoke, and Cult. Nicks appeared as the White Witch during Coven.
Meanwhile… Paulson’s Billie Dean Howard appeared in Murder House, and her Cordelia Foxx appeared in Coven. Peters played ghostly teen Tate Langdon in Murder House and fraternity president Kyle Spencer in Coven. Lange’s Constance Langdon appeared in Murder House, while Bates and Roberts joined the franchise during Coven as Madame Delphine LaLaurie and Madison Montgomery, respectively.
And then we have new characters… Paulson as Ms. Wilhemina Venable, Peters as Mr. Gallant, Bates as Ms. Miriam Mead, Grossman as Coco St. Pierre Vanderbilt, Lourd as Mallory, and Porter as Dinah Stevens.
- John Wesley Shipp’s ’90s Flash Joins CW’s Arrowverse ‘Elseworlds’ Crossover - October 22, 2018
- Saturday Night Live: 8 Halloween Sketches (Because Christmas Sketches Would Be Silly) - October 22, 2018
- The Walking Dead Season 9 Episode 3 ‘Warning Signs’ Review: Weak Morality Debate, Too Many “Rick-as-Jesus” Allegories - October 22, 2018
- The Walking Dead Season 9, Episode 3 ‘Warning Signs’ (Bring Out Your Dead! Live Blog) - October 21, 2018
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Cast, Creative Talk Feminism, Identity; Tease Crossover with “Witchy Shows” - October 21, 2018