Today, FACEIT officially launched PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds competitions on their platform, drawing in over 200k players in competitions. The entire purpose, besides bringing in new players to the platform, is to give those withing to go pro on the esports circuit a place to show off their skills and rankings and try to make a career out of competing. We have a couple quotes from both companies on the launch below, but this does present a chance for elite PUBG players to get the recognition the same way some CS:GO players did in the past.
“Whilst we anticipated high levels of success with the closed beta, we were blown away by the positive feedback and the number of sign-ups. The integration we developed with PUBG allows players to be in a match within seconds and we’re excited to welcome everyone on the platform to jump in and experience our competitive battleground,” says Niccolo Maisto, CEO of FACEIT. “PUBG is continually proving its fierce potential as an esport, and we’re thrilled to be a part of that exciting journey by offering players unprecedented opportunities to develop their skills.”
“The FACEIT integration offers our community a uniquely competitive framework to play PUBG at a level they haven’t experienced before. The closed beta proved the value of our partnership, and we can’t wait to watch the competitive scene develop further,” said Hyowon Yoo, Head of Business Development and Operations, NA/EU, PUBG Corporation.
- PUBG Mobile Taking Entries for Global "Star Challenge 2018"
- Treyarch Start Their Final Promotional Push for Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Dr. DisRespect Weighs in on PUBG and Blackout Comparisons
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Could Have 100 Players as Capacity Increased to End Beta
- Twitch Partners With PUBG for Special Streamer-Themed Items
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy Receives a New Launch Trailer - October 23, 2018
- Thronebreaker is Not Coming to the Nintendo Switch - October 23, 2018
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for October 23-29, 2018 - October 23, 2018
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 Getting Special Endowment “Salute Pack” - October 22, 2018
- Oculus Co-Founder Brendan Iribe Departs After Project Cancellation - October 22, 2018