Comic book writer/artist Sean Gordon Murphy has been teasing his next DC Comics project to follow Batman: White Knight. And by teasing, I mean telling us all what it is.
BREAKING: get ready for a huge announcement about my next book in 2019… pic.twitter.com/VRGoq76ZU5
— Sean Gordon Murphy (@Sean_G_Murphy) September 26, 2018
Azrael. The religious assassin for the Order of St. Dumas, turned vigilante, Batman villain-then-wannabe temporary Batman, was created by Denny O’Neil, Joe Quesada and Peter Milligan in 1992, Azrael redeemed himself during the Knightfall series and then got his own series which ran for a hundred issues between 1995 and 2003. But, seen as a sign of comics excesses, he was banished into continuity limbo, being stripped from the pages of Batwoman in the New 52 in 2011, while his appearances in Batman Inc were ignored. He did (eventually) return in the New 52 and has now become a member of the Justice League Odyssey team, with Darkseid revealing what could be his true destiny.
How much of any of all this will Murphy use is still very much unknown. Right now, this is all we have…
- Doctor Who and Assassin’s Creed With Titan at MCM London Comic Con - October 23, 2018
- Doctor Who Comes to BBC’s Children In Need Again - October 23, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 23rd October 2018 – Happy Birthday, Joe Illidge - October 23, 2018
- Dark Horse Comics Liquidates 48 Conan Collections - October 22, 2018
- Will Bunker Come to Titans TV Season 2? - October 22, 2018