Sony Pictures is getting ready to bet the farm on Venom and that means the marketing is kicking. We have to give Sony some credit here; they are usually showing us half the movie via TV spots by now but it seems like we haven’t seen that much in the way of footage. That doesn’t mean they haven’t released anything. Today we got a new clip of Venom going toe to toe with the NYPD and it doesn’t end well for the police.
The violence is pretty bloodless which is what we expected from a PG-13 Venom movie. There was also a clip posted last week of a still fully human Eddie Brock confront Dr. Carlton Drake about the experiments that he is accused of doing on people.
Whether or not this movie works is still very much in the air but its commerical and critical take is likely going to dictate whether or not we see all of those movies that Sony greenlit back in August.
Summary: When Eddie Brock acquires the powers of a symbiote, he will have to release his alter-ego “Venom” to save his life.
Venom, directed by Ruben Fleischer, will star Tom Hardy, Riz Ahmed, Jenny Slate, Reid Scott, and Michelle Williams. It will be released on October 5th.
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Comments on Quicksilver’s Return for Avengers 4 - October 19, 2018
- Netflix Cancels Marvel’s Luke Cage After 2 Seasons - October 19, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: 3 New Behind-the-Scenes Photos - October 19, 2018
- Check Out Some Armored Sharks in These New Aquaman Images - October 19, 2018
- Disney’s Jungle Cruise Gets Delayed 9 Months - October 19, 2018