Last week, DC Comics published Batman: Damned #1 by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo, that prominently featured Bruce Wayne’s penis in two or three panels, as he strode naked through the Batcave.
Articles in prominent highbrow media outlets as well as the tabloids, and the US late night talk shows cracked joke after joke after joke. The comic sold out, DC Comics said they would censor future printings and eBay sales rocketed.
So this week? Yes, another comic featuring Batman will also feature a prominent penis. It’s just that it’s not Bruce Wayne’s member, but that of Doctor Manhattan. In Doomsday Clock, the unauthorised sequel to Watchmen by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank that has seen the Watchmen characters make it to the DC Universe as part of further machinations that has seen Dr Manhattan remake the DC superheroes world.
Say, maybe it’s his fault that Batman got his dick out?
Doomsday Cock… I mean, Doomsday Clock #7 is published tomorrow.
— DC (@DCComics) September 24, 2018
DOOMSDAY CLOCK #7 (OF 12)
(W) Geoff Johns (A/CA) Gary Frank
The critically acclaimed team of writer Geoff Johns and artist Gary Frank continue the groundbreaking miniseries bringing the world of WATCHMEN to DC. In this chapter, the truth behind Dr. Manhattan’s curiosity with the DC Universe is revealed as the planet teeters on the edge of the Super-War.In Shops: Sep 26, 2018
- The Roy/Neal War Continues On Bleeding Cool - December 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics March 2019 Solicitations in Full - December 18, 2018
- Dial H For Hero Launches from DC Comics in March 2019 - December 18, 2018
- Green Arrow #50 to Tie In With No Justice and Heroes In Crisis - December 18, 2018
- Jorge Jimenez Plotting Justice League Event: The Sixth Dimension With Scott Snyder - December 18, 2018