Last week, DC Comics published Batman: Damned #1 by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo, that prominently featured Bruce Wayne’s penis in two or three panels, as he strode naked through the Batcave.
Articles in prominent highbrow media outlets as well as the tabloids, and the US late night talk shows cracked joke after joke after joke. The comic sold out, DC Comics said they would censor future printings and eBay sales rocketed.
So this week? Yes, another comic featuring Batman will also feature a prominent penis. It’s just that it’s not Bruce Wayne’s member, but that of Doctor Manhattan. In Doomsday Clock, the unauthorised sequel to Watchmen by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank that has seen the Watchmen characters make it to the DC Universe as part of further machinations that has seen Dr Manhattan remake the DC superheroes world.
Say, maybe it’s his fault that Batman got his dick out?
Doomsday Cock… I mean, Doomsday Clock #7 is published tomorrow.
— DC (@DCComics) September 24, 2018
DOOMSDAY CLOCK #7 (OF 12)
(W) Geoff Johns (A/CA) Gary Frank
The critically acclaimed team of writer Geoff Johns and artist Gary Frank continue the groundbreaking miniseries bringing the world of WATCHMEN to DC. In this chapter, the truth behind Dr. Manhattan’s curiosity with the DC Universe is revealed as the planet teeters on the edge of the Super-War.In Shops: Sep 26, 2018
- The Daily LITG – 19th October 2018 – Happy Birthday Jim Starlin - October 19, 2018
- Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man Shakes You Down For Another Dollar - October 18, 2018
- Return of Wolverine #4 Slips Into January 2019 - October 18, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Vault Of Spiders #2 Adds Scott Koblish, Mark Bagley and More - October 18, 2018
- Sara Pichelli Replaced on Fantastic Four #4 by Stefano Caselli - October 18, 2018