Currently in Newcastle, about to head to the cemetery for the funeral of Terry Wiley. Was in Tynemouth yesterday toasting his health and sharing memories – and discovering some of the Sinclair Spectrum games he used to program. Another string to his bow…
Welcome to the daily Lying In The Gutters. A runaround of yesterday’s news on the site and what we might expect today. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
And we move from one member to another.
- Do You Remember… Superman’s Penis?
- 5 Pages from Wednesday’s Heroes in Crisis #1
- Stephen Colbert Weighs In On the Batpenis
- Bumblebee Drops a New Trailer, and it Looks Incredible
- Batman Damned #1 Signed by Lee Bermejo Sells for $1000
And a happy birthday to:
- Dave Lizewski, who the Kick-Ass character was named after.
- Brtish small press comics creator Martin Hand.
- Legendary comics creator Bob Layton, founder of Valiant, co-creator of XO Man O’War
- Dark Horse Comics Solicitations for March 2019 Includes Invisible Kingdom, Hellboy: The Art of the Motion Picture and the Elfen Lied Omnibus - December 18, 2018
- Ibrahim Moustafa Joins Jeff Parker on James Bond: Origin - December 18, 2018
- Brian Ruckley to Reboot Transformers for IDW, Twice-Monthly in March 2019 - December 18, 2018
- The Roy/Neal War Continues On Bleeding Cool - December 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics March 2019 Solicitations in Full - December 18, 2018