(Reporter’s Note: Don’t think we didn’t see what you did with last week’s episode of FX‘s American Horror Story: Apocalypse, co-creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk – because we did (and extra points for cramming that much info into an opening line and not make it sound too painfully forced). You tease us with images of our Coven witches making their debut and then – nothing. Nada. Nil. Oh, we did get the sweet sounds of Stevie Nicks – and we can never get too much of that – but yeah. We’re letting this one slide – but no more. Cool? Thanks! ;-) )
As Michael Langdon’s (Cody Fern) life-or-death “job interviews” continue along, Venable (Sarah Paulson) finds a unique way to celebrate All Hallow’s Eve (and exert her control) – and as we can see from the following preview for this week’s episode ‘Forbidden Fruit,’ the Outpost looks to be getting some new “visitors” to complicate matters even further:
American Horror Story: Apocalypse s08e03 ‘Forbidden Fruit’: Written by Manny Coto; Directed by Loni Peristere
American Horror Story: Apocalypse s08e04 ‘Could It Be … Satan?’: Written by Tim Minear; Directed by Sheree Folkson
American Horror Story: Apocalypse s08e05 ‘Boy Wonder’: Written by John J. Gray; Directed by Gwyneth Horder-Payton.
Fans of American Horror Story were treated to two great news drops at this year’s Television Critics Association (TCA) summer press event:
● the horror anthology series had been renewed for a 10th season (FX Networks CEO John Landgraf: “He (Murphy) asked for a 10th season of American Horror Story which we were happy to give to him”);
● Jessica Lange is reprising her Murder House role as Constance Langdon, appearing in the sixth episode – also marking Paulson’s directorial debut on the show (Paulson: “I have the great pleasure of saying, yes, she (Lange) will be back”).
Sarah Paulson, Jessica Lange, Emma Roberts, Connie Britton, Dylan McDermott, Evan Peters, Kathy Bates, Cheyenne Jackson, Billie Lourd, Billy Eichner, Adina Porter, Leslie Grossman, Taissa Farmiga, Gabourey Sidibe, Lily Rabe, Frances Conroy, and Stevie Nicks return to Murphy’s horrific universe. Joan Collins (Dynasty), Cody Fern (House of Cards), Ashley Santos (We All Fall Down), and Kyle Allen (The Path) also join the cast this season.
Now get your scorecards out to see how everyone matches up, AHS fans! Rabe appeared in the Murder House, Coven, Hotel, and Roanoke seasons, while Sidibe appeared in Coven, Freak Show, and Hotel. Farmiga appeared in Murder House, Coven, and Roanoke; AHS mainstay Conroy has appeared in six seasons: Murder House, Asylum, Coven, Freak Show, Roanoke, and Cult. Nicks appeared as the White Witch during Coven.
Meanwhile… Paulson’s Billie Dean Howard appeared in Murder House, and her Cordelia Foxx appeared in Coven. Peters played ghostly teen Tate Langdon in Murder House and fraternity president Kyle Spencer in Coven. Lange’s Constance Langdon appeared in Murder House, while Bates and Roberts joined the franchise during Coven as Madame Delphine LaLaurie and Madison Montgomery, respectively.
And then we have new characters… Paulson as Ms. Wilhemina Venable, Peters as Mr. Gallant, Bates as Ms. Miriam Mead, Grossman as Coco St. Pierre Vanderbilt, Lourd as Mallory, and Porter as Dinah Stevens.
- Disney’s Kevin Mayer: Fox Deal “Almost Done,” Netflix’s Marvel Line-Up on Disney+ “A Possibility” - December 18, 2018
- Tell Me a Story Season 2 Renewal Includes New Characters, Fairy Tales - December 18, 2018
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Renewed for Parts 3 and 4 - December 18, 2018
- Wayne’s Mark McKenna Talks Dream Role, Del Dynamic, and Pop Culture Picks (INTERVIEW) - December 18, 2018
- The Twelve Days of ‘Sunny’: Season 5, Episode 7 ‘The Gang Wrestles for the Troops’ (Day #5) - December 17, 2018