Fans of the Birds of Prey and Harley Quinn now know when their movie movie is going to hit theaters. According to The Hollywood Reporter Birds of Prey has been set for a February 7, 2020 release date. That release date makes sense for a couple of reasons. First of all production is set to start in January and considering that star Margot Robbie has said that this will be a smaller production, both in terms of scope and budget, a little over a year for production and post-production sounds about right.
Second of all the window for when superhero movies can get released and do well continues to shrink every day. This year Black Panther proved that you can release a superhero movie in February and make box office gold. Now a lot of that had to do with Black Panther being really good but the timeline for when you can release a movie continues to change. More and more big blockbusters movies get release dates earlier and earlier in the year. Now if only someone could take advantage of the August wasteland like Warner Bros. did this year with Crazy Rich Asians and there won’t be any dead times during the year.
The shortlist of actresses for the primary roles emerged last week. We should have casting announcements for those characters very soon if production does indeed start in January like planned.
- Margot Robbie Teases [Quinzel] Doctored 'Birds of Prey' Script
- Report: 'Birds of Prey' May Have Found Their Batgirl
- Jason Momoa Comments on Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck Reportedly Leaving the DC Universe - December 13, 2018
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 6: A New Promo and 17 New Cast and Promo Pictures - December 13, 2018
- Meet Spider-Man Noir in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse in This New Clip - December 13, 2018
- Mortal Engines Review: A Generic Story With a Fantastic New Coat of Paint - December 13, 2018
- Once Upon a Deadpool Review: Proof That a PG-13 Deadpool Doesn’t Work - December 13, 2018