This weekend, fans got a look at an ending for Shadow of The Tomb Raider that they weren’t supposed to see, because it was cut from the game. If you’re one of the few people who did not download the Day One patch for the game, and you managed to beat it, there’s a secret ending so secret that you shouldn’t have seen it. The scene, which you can see below, has Lara at her desk writing a correspondence before looking at a letter on her desk, written to her by Jacqueline Natla, the antagonist from the first Tomb Raider game. Since all of this current series shows the beginning years of Croft becoming who she is, it is meant to be a firm tip of the hat to where the series may be headed.
Apparently, the ending was cut because the company decided to change things up at the last minute, even though the ending was created and added to the game. The company explained their change on social media, but it is strange that they would go to all that trouble and then make a change last minute. The ending is fine, it’s not exciting, more a nice easter egg for people. That doesn’t mean they won’t go deal with Natla after the events of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, but it does make us wonder why they would bother to change it from a creative standpoint.
— The Raider (@LaraTheRaider) September 20, 2018
- Square Enix Releases the Shadow of the Tomb Raider Launch Trailer
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider's New Trailer Teaches You About Buffs
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider to Include Real-Time Ray Tracing Tech for Better PC Rendering
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider's Villains Highlight Newest Trailer
- Square Enix and Coca-Cola Join Forces for a Shadow of the Tomb Raider Event
- Treyarch Adds Updates to Black Ops 4, Including Blackout Player Count - October 17, 2018
- The Fallout 76 Beta is Now Officially Online for Download - October 17, 2018
- The Stanley Parable Now Unlocks a Specific Anniversary Achievement - October 17, 2018
- Xbox and Taco Bell Have Partnered Again to Give Away Platinum Consoles - October 17, 2018
- Battlefield V Single Player Trailer Released - October 17, 2018