Bungie has announced that the Destiny 2 Grenade Launcher, Edge Transit’s drop-rate is higher than intended and will be fixed in a future update.
If you’ve been around the Destiny 2 community of late a few things will have caught your eye. Firstly, likely a discussion about the price of infusion which seems rather heated right now, a general good sentiment about what Forsaken has brought to Destiny 2 and a lot of Edge Transit memes. Edge Transit is a grenade launcher in the game that players have been claiming drops more than any other item, and thus has seen its fair share of ridicule.
It turns out that they aren’t just making it up either. Bungie has now come out and confirmed the grenade launcher is dropping more than it should. In a post yesterday, the developer said they had reviewed numbers on the weapon dropping and concluded that it was dropping more frequently than intended. The post reads:
Since the launch of Destiny 2: Forsaken, we have heard player feedback regarding the aggressive drop rates of the Edge Transit Grenade Launcher. Our investigation has confirmed that this weapon is dropping more frequently than intended, and we are pursuing a fix for a future update.
It’s nice to know the community isn’t losing its mind and that this had been a bug. While the jokes are fun and games, there is an annoying aspect to the drop if you don’t like Grenade Launchers, especially with infusion now being so expensive. Hopefully, it’s fixed up soon and we don’t have to worry about it for much longer and this will just have been a funny time in Destiny‘s launch.
- Destiny 2 Glitch Could Confirm Next Expansion Location - October 15, 2018
- Pokemon Go Still Surging as Game Makes $84 Million in September - October 15, 2018
- Blizzard Seem Confident That Diablo III Will Get Cross-Console Play - October 12, 2018
- PlayStation Network Name Changes Are Finally Coming - October 11, 2018
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Currently Has The Most Concurrent Players In Franchise History on Steam - October 9, 2018