Netflix is possibly adding another game adaptation animated series, this time based on the world of Bizzard’s Diablo. Variety is reporting that Boom! Studios founder Andrew “Andy” Cosby is in “final talks” to write and show-run the upcoming series. However, Variety‘s report only acknowledges the news as a rumor, as neither Netflix nor Activision Blizzard have confirmed the series.
Boom! Studios founder Andrew “Andy” Cosby tweeted on Wednesday that he’s in “final talks” to write and show-run the upcoming series from Activision and Netflix. “It’s very exciting and I hope to the High Heavens it all works out,” he said.
Cosby previously replied to a fan question that inquired as to whether he was involved with Netflix’s then-rumored “Diablo” show, who he had told to check back with him in the future. Unfortunately, the confirmatory tweet has since been deleted, hinting that this was news that likely will be announced in an official capacity at some point in the future.
There’s no information currently on what the “Diablo” series might entail, but Cosby will be bringing his pedigree as the writer behind the new “Hellboy” film reboot to the project, which should make for the kind of gory and violent expectations fans have for any series that could be based on the “Diablo” series.
While we don’t know what to expect from a Diablo animated series, other than some obvious references to the Prime Evil and some gratuitous violence, we can only hope it’ll turn out better than the short Castlevania series.
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018
- What Even is Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden? Funcom is Here to Explain - October 18, 2018