Here’s an interesting thing. John Byrne is not the greatest fan of B&W comic book art being repurposed for the adult colouring-in book market. That’s why he created his own colouring in book for IDW that told an original story. And a rather good one it was, too.
There’s no word how the talks are going, but the news that the following item had been cancelled stuck out a little.
COLOR YOUR OWN X-MEN TP
(A) Various (CA) John Byrne
In a black-and-white world of hate and fear, the X-Men are a colorful force for good – and now they need your help! We’ve collected incredible illustrations from some of the finest talents ever to draw the Children of the Atom, and now it’s time for you to discover your own uncanny mutant coloring ability! X-Men Blue, X-Men Gold, X-Men Red…it’s entirely up to you! Whether it’s the black-and-yellows of the Original Five, the bold hues of the All-New, All-Different crew or the array of greens, oranges, pinks and purples that have been added to the roster over the years, all your pens, pencils and crayons will have their moment to shine. Featuring your favorite Uncanny, Astonishing, Amazing heroes and evil mutant villains – from Wolverine, Jean Grey and Cyclops to Magneto, Mystique and more! All Ages In Shops: Oct 31, 2018 SRP: $9.99
It’s the only one of Marvel’s many colouring books to be cancelled, and it’s the only one that plays off John Byrne’s name in the promotion. Could John Byrne’s sensibilities have been taken into account, and the volume cancelled ahead of a deal being worked out between them and the new X-Men story – or other stories – being published?
It’s not outside the realms of possibility…
- Radio Times Celebrates 40th Anniversary of a Comic, Puts The Snowman on Their Christmas Cover - December 17, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 17th December 2018, One Week To Go - December 17, 2018
- Thank FOC It’s Sunday #7 – That Was The Week That Was - December 16, 2018
- Win a Private Tour of DC Comics’ Archive for LGBTQ Charity - December 16, 2018
- Hindus Call For Apology From Marvel Over Uncanny X-Men #5 - December 16, 2018