I am in Leeds. The Thought Bubble Festival is underway, and has been all week. I’m off to a couple of exhibitions right now. But there was something subtly different about the Marquees as I passed them by today, before they open to the public tomorrow morning.
Still sponsored by ComiXology. Still white. Still buffetted in the Great Northern Breeze. Winter is coming, after all. No that wasn’t it.
Comic Con. The first time Thought Bubble has called itself such, so bold and brazen. Previous shows had talked about the Festival, the Convention, all manner of words but this year, 2018, they are putting a more commercial – and familiar – face to Leeds as they march past the Headrow over the weekend.
See you there – or see you in the hotel bar tonight.
- The Daily LITG, 19th December 2018 – Fairytales In New York - December 19, 2018
- Dark Horse Comics Solicitations for March 2019 Includes Invisible Kingdom, Hellboy: The Art of the Motion Picture and the Elfen Lied Omnibus - December 18, 2018
- Ibrahim Moustafa Joins Jeff Parker on James Bond: Origin - December 18, 2018
- Brian Ruckley to Reboot Transformers for IDW, Twice-Monthly in March 2019 - December 18, 2018
- The Roy/Neal War Continues On Bleeding Cool - December 18, 2018