I am in Leeds. The Thought Bubble Festival is underway, and has been all week. I’m off to a couple of exhibitions right now. But there was something subtly different about the Marquees as I passed them by today, before they open to the public tomorrow morning.
Still sponsored by ComiXology. Still white. Still buffetted in the Great Northern Breeze. Winter is coming, after all. No that wasn’t it.
Comic Con. The first time Thought Bubble has called itself such, so bold and brazen. Previous shows had talked about the Festival, the Convention, all manner of words but this year, 2018, they are putting a more commercial – and familiar – face to Leeds as they march past the Headrow over the weekend.
See you there – or see you in the hotel bar tonight.
- NYCC Goss: Venom and Spider-Man Events for 2019 - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What Has Salvador Larroca Been Working on at Marvel? - October 23, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Pays Tribute to Archie’s Editor-In-Chief Victor Gorelick - October 23, 2018
- Max Bemis on Writing Moon Knight #200 and Taking a Break From Marvel - October 23, 2018
- Doctor Who and Assassin’s Creed With Titan at MCM London Comic Con - October 23, 2018