SEGA has announced today that they will finally bring their SEGA Ages series to the West and will launch it on the Nintendo Switch. The company announced they would be bringing two familiar titles with the original Sonic The Hedgehog and Lightening Force: Quest for the Darkstar, both currently on the eShop for $8 each, with more titles on the way. The series has been popular in Japan as they’ve produced legendary titles from the company’s library for individual purchase, in case no one was interested in buying collections. Here’s a few details of new games on the way.
Joining the existing line-up in the coming months, fans of SEGA games and new lovers of retro titles will enjoy classics like Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Out Run, Space Harrier, Columns II, and Thunder Force AC, and of course, Phantasy Star (specific timing coming soon)!Phantasy Star is a groundbreaking sci-fi RPG that follows Alis in her planet-spanning quest to avenge the death of her brother and topple a tyrannical regime. Besides faithfully recreating the original experience, this version adds something for everyone, including a new map display to help novice adventurers and a compendium where longtime fans can view their favorite monsters.
- Games Done Quick Releases Their 2019 List of Titles
- BOOM! Snatches Buffy Rights from Dark Horse as Licensing Wars Escalate
- SEGA Genesis Classics is Getting a Nintendo Switch Release
- What’s in the Box?!: Loot Gaming – August 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future - When Sonic Outsells Marvel
- Yakuza Studio's New IP Judge Eyes Out This Year in Japan
- Treyarch Adds Updates to Black Ops 4, Including Blackout Player Count - October 17, 2018
- The Fallout 76 Beta is Now Officially Online for Download - October 17, 2018
- The Stanley Parable Now Unlocks a Specific Anniversary Achievement - October 17, 2018
- Xbox and Taco Bell Have Partnered Again to Give Away Platinum Consoles - October 17, 2018
- Battlefield V Single Player Trailer Released - October 17, 2018