You know what’s fun to watch on social media? Game companies take pop-shots at each other. The latest comes from Xbox against the PlayStation Classic. As we reported earlier today, the retro console was announced and it didn’t come without criticism from both ourselves, other media outlets, and social media in general. But of all of the posts we’ve seen online, the biggest swipe at the console came from their chief rival and their social media team with this tweet.
Play 500+ Classic Xbox & Xbox 360 titles on your Xbox One today… totally for free ✌️
(psst, some of them are Xbox One X Enhanced as well) pic.twitter.com/X2zUv0GQOU
— Xbox UK (@xboxuk) September 19, 2018
To be fair, you do need to own the physical games and load them into your system to play them, it’s not like there’s a giant library you can access for free that doesn’t require a subscription or the original game to download onto your system. So while technically true, it’s not entirely accurate. But hey, it is still funny as hell to us and everyone on Twitter that the company decided to make a response. Or as some put it: Countdown to the Xbox Classic Edition.
- Analogue Unveils Their Genesis Retro Console With the Mega Sg
- Games Done Quick Releases Their 2019 List of Titles
- Destiny 2: Forsaken Brings Back the Gambit Free Trial Weekend
- Rockstar Gives Details for Red Dead Redemption 2 Online Beta
- Dead by Daylight's Shattered Bloodline DLC is Now Live
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 Gets a New October Release Date
- Ludenso Reveal New AR Headset Called MagiMask - October 17, 2018
- World of Tanks Blitz Teams With Mad Max Artist for Halloween Event - October 17, 2018
- Paizo Officially Releases a New Starfinder Guide with Alien Archive 2 - October 17, 2018
- Gun Media Discusses the Future of Friday The 13th: The Game - October 16, 2018
- Bridge Constructor Portal Adds a Level Editor in Latest Update - October 16, 2018