A report yesterday surfaced claiming that the upcoming Disney streaming service was going to have multiple Marvel Cinematic Universe-based television series with such notable characters as Loki, The Scarlet Witch, and more.
The story was broken exclusively by Variety, but no comment from Disney or Marvel Studios was included. That seemed a little fishy, especially considering the normal rule of practice for Disney in matters like this. If the story wasn’t meant to be out, it would be gone today (hence why we waited to cover it), but as of five minutes ago, the story remains.
Variety goes on to say sources close to the production had nothing to say about the possible budget on such shows; thinking about the contractual pricing for the actors and actresses behind the characters alone would be no small thing, unless a re-casting was going to happen. Reportedly each series is expected to include six to eight episodes, not unlike the current Marvel Netflix series with The Defenders and their respective individual shows. Marvel Studios will produce the shows, and Kevin Feige is expected to be involved in series development.
With no comment yet from Disney or Marvel, this news could go either way.
We already know the streaming service will house Star Wars shows, so perhaps it’s likely the studio would look to their other worldwide box office record-shattering properties to populate the service as well.
We’ll let you know what we find out about this particular story, and whether or not we’ll be seeing Loki and/or Scarlet Witch in their own show.
- The Concept for the High School Musical TV Show Is Super Meta
- Yvette Nicole Brown Joins the Lady and the Tramp Live-Action Remake
- 'Star Wars' Spinoff Film Was Going to Use Tatooine as Setting
- ABC Moved Agents of SHIELD so It Could Continue Longer
- Disney is Betting the Farm on Their Streaming Service in 2019
- The Disney Streaming Service: $100M Star Wars TV Show and More
- The Disney Streaming Service: Remakes and Original Movies Coming Your Way
- ‘SUPERMAN THE MOVIE’: Profound Impact Still Felt on 40th Anniversary - December 15, 2018
- ‘Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark’ Coming to Theaters Summer of 2019 - December 14, 2018
- Nightcrawler Looks [badly] Photoshopped in New ‘Dark Phoenix’ Image - December 14, 2018
- Kit Harington’s [Not So Great] Targaryen Skills: Meeting Toothless - December 14, 2018
- Ryan Coogler Talks ‘Black Panther’ Creative Production Team - December 14, 2018