Epic Games added their 5.41 update to Fortnite yesterday evening, and along with the Port-a-Fortress, we got some lovely surprises. First up, as you can see int he photo below, we got a new Spiky Stadium which has been added to the Battle Royale Playground, and a new weapon called the Bowler – Flintlock Launcher has been thrown into Save The World. We have the notes for the Battle Royale updates below, and you can read the full Fortnite patch here.
LIMITED TIME MODE: SOARING SOLOS
Classic Battle Royale with gliders that can be re-deployed by pressing Jump when falling from large heights.
We’ve introduced a new consumable to the Playground LTM that will allow you to spawn an entire Spiky Stadium. We were inspired by the amazing things you’ve been making within Playground, and cannot wait to see what you create as we continue to build out the future of creative mode in Fortnite.
- Limited Time Item: Spiky Stadium
- Present in Playground only, found in red Supply Drops (along with a ton of impulse grenades).
- Builds a 7×11 sized stadium full of Damage Traps and Bouncers.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- It’s huge!
- Builds instantly.
- Includes built-in Bouncers for an easy exit.
- Legendary Rarity.
- Found in Vending Machines, chests, Supply Drops, and Supply Llamas.
- Fixed an issue where there was a slight delay when consuming multiple Small Shield Potions.
- The Grappler will no longer result in an inability to change equipment.
- Reduced the edit button hold timing when using a controller.
- Old School from 0.25s to 0.2s.
- Quick Builder from 0.25s to 0.2s.
- Combat Pro from 0.25s to 0.2s.
- Builder Pro from 0.25s to 0.15s.
- The Storm wall no longer destroys structures during the last few circles of the match.
- Reload audio for the Double Barrel Shotgun no longer plays twice.
- Unsupported characters within in-game names will now show up as �, rather than the fallback debugging font glyph that was previously used. Loading the fallback font was causing long hitches for clients, so we’ve disabled it.
- Hidden Matchmaking Delay feature has been added to the Options in the Game tab.
- Fixed an issue causing the reticle to not appear until after you’ve switched weapons.
- Added new generic icons to represent console and desktop platforms for cross-platform play.
ART + ANIMATION
- Added edge glow to wall bounce pads, only visible from the reverse side. This is to help players recognize when a wall bounce pad is on the opposite side of a ledge in front of them.
- CUBE visual effects will no longer get stuck after a player has left the area.
- The Grill Sergeant Outfit will now render properly in-game.
- This fixes the issue where players were seeing a floating head and pickaxe.
- Epic Games Releases Fortnite Season 6 Details With New Trailers
- Fortnite Will Finally Allow Account Merging in November
- Fortnite Gears Up for Season 6 and the Impending Fall Skirmish
- Ninja is the First esports Pro to Get an ESPN Cover
- Nintendo Switch: Fortnite – Double Helix Bundle Coming in October
- Fortnite To Include Port-a-Fortress Soon in Battle Royale
- Epic Games Removes Fortnite's Video Capture from Nintendo Switch
- Fortnite is Getting a Version of Monopoly
- Treyarch Adds Updates to Black Ops 4, Including Blackout Player Count - October 17, 2018
- The Fallout 76 Beta is Now Officially Online for Download - October 17, 2018
- The Stanley Parable Now Unlocks a Specific Anniversary Achievement - October 17, 2018
- Xbox and Taco Bell Have Partnered Again to Give Away Platinum Consoles - October 17, 2018
- Battlefield V Single Player Trailer Released - October 17, 2018