The true story of Hollywood’s greatest comedy double act, Laurel and Hardy, is brought to the big screen for the first time, in a new movie, Stan & Ollie, directed by Jon S. Baird and written by Jeff Pope starring Steve Coogan and John C. Reilly as Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy, as they undertake what would become the pair’s triumphant farewell tour.
With their golden era long behind them, the pair embark on a variety hall tour of Britain and Ireland. Despite the pressures of a hectic schedule, and with the support of their wives Lucille (Shirley Henderson) and Ida (Nina Arianda) – a formidable double act in their own right – the pair’s love of performing, as well as for each other, endures as they secure their place in the hearts of their adoring public.
Stan & Ollie will be released in cinemas on the 11th January 2019 in the UK. It does not yet have a US release date.
- Preview of a Brand New Avengers #1 from IDW – Without Tony in the Suit? - December 17, 2018
- Milo Manara Genderflips Cyclops For New Exhibition - December 17, 2018
- Back to Death of the Waynes With Batman #61 - December 17, 2018
- Hooked On Comics Grand Opening in Philadelphia With Dan Parent - December 17, 2018
- Texas Comic Shop to Close in January After 19 Years - December 17, 2018