The true story of Hollywood’s greatest comedy double act, Laurel and Hardy, is brought to the big screen for the first time, in a new movie, Stan & Ollie, directed by Jon S. Baird and written by Jeff Pope starring Steve Coogan and John C. Reilly as Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy, as they undertake what would become the pair’s triumphant farewell tour.
With their golden era long behind them, the pair embark on a variety hall tour of Britain and Ireland. Despite the pressures of a hectic schedule, and with the support of their wives Lucille (Shirley Henderson) and Ida (Nina Arianda) – a formidable double act in their own right – the pair’s love of performing, as well as for each other, endures as they secure their place in the hearts of their adoring public.
Stan & Ollie will be released in cinemas on the 11th January 2019 in the UK. It does not yet have a US release date.
- Boom’s Firefly #1 Has Pre-Orders of 57,291 Copies – Any More For Any More? - October 23, 2018
- Victor Gorelick Does Not Pay Tribute to Archie’s Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What’s Up With The Inhumans Then? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Sorry, Jane Foster Isn’t Getting Her Own Comic Book? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Charles Soule – From Daredevil to Star Wars - October 23, 2018