Today, 2K Games announced that NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 will be getting a new bumped-up release date happening next month. The game will officially be released on October 16th for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC for $30. Check out the new trailer for the game below, along with the official description sent out by the devs today.
Starring Hall of Famer Julius “Dr. J” Erving, NBA Champion Kevin Garnett, NBA All-Star Karl-Anthony Towns, and emerging Celtics star Jayson Tatum on the cover, 19 steps up the energy and attitude with new players, playgroundsand moves. NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 will feature over 300 players at launch – including legendary new additions like Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar – with nearly 200 additional players arriving in updates after release. The game will release with ten new and exciting playgrounds from around the world, including courts in Washington, D.C., St. Louis, Seoul and Australia, with additional courts planned for after launch.
In addition, the game will boast well over 100 signature moves, including showstoppers like Michael Jordan’s free throw line dunk, George Gervin’s Iceman finger roll and LeBron James’ self alley-oop. There are also many new customization items, such as jackets, shirts, pants, shorts and shoes. In addition, NBA 2K Playgrounds 2’s soundtrack will feature licensed tracks from hit artists like Run The Jewels, Oddisee and DJ Premier.
NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 features multiple ways to play on your own, with friends, or against the world. Playgrounds Championship mode delivers a worldwide ranked league with multiple competitive solo and co-op ladders, while the new single-player Season mode recreates the experience of leading a team through the regular season and playoffs. There are also four-player online matches, co-op matches against AI, enhanced matchmaking with dedicated servers, three-point contests, off-the-wall power-ups, custom matches and more!
- 2K Games Hypes The Golf Club 2019 After Tiger Woods Victory
- 2K Games Launches 2K Foundations With Community Projects
- Xbox Fires Back at PlayStation Classic Announcement
- Activision Brags About Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Opening Day Sales - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone 2018 HCT Fall Championship Finals: bloodyface vs. lnguagehackr - October 14, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Take Up 89 GB on Xbox One - October 14, 2018
- Pokémon Café in Tokyo Will Have a Special Pokémon: Let’s Go Menu - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone HCT Fall Championship: Day 2 – Semifinals - October 14, 2018