Who says the glory days of NBC’s genre-defining sketch comedy series Saturday Night Live (SNL) are long gone? If anything, the show is gaining even more critical acclaim as it enters it’s 44th season. The big news today specifically is who of the season 43 cast will be receiving promotions for the upcoming season (which is less than two weeks away at this point).
Mikey Day, Melissa Villaseñor, and Alex Moffat have all gotten the promotion from featured to repertory players. This means they’ll also have a different intro in the title sequence for the show, something we’re very excited to see come the premiere.
Chris Redd and Heidi Gardner are also set to return as featured players for season 44.
Saturday Night Live (SNL) returns for season 44 on Saturday September 29th, 2018 on NBC.
- Jon Favreau Shares Photo of His ‘Lion King’ Production - October 18, 2018
- Tony Awards Announce Broadcast Date, and Venue for 2019 - October 18, 2018
- ‘Wheel of Time’ Showrunner Asks What Fans What They Want in Series - October 18, 2018
- Yes, Really: NASA Just Gave Godzilla His Own Constellation - October 18, 2018
- Another Superman Villain is Headed to The CW’s ‘Supergirl’ - October 18, 2018