The character of a sasquatch turned police detective first appeared in the back of the Snagglepuss series from DC Comics, as a brand new character in the DC-twisted Hanna-Barbera style. Well in December, Tonya Lightfoot is getting her own one-shot, with a brand new 30-page story by her creators Brandee Stilwell, Ron Randall and Gus Vazquez, as well as the original back-up strips…
SASQUATCH DETECTIVE #1
written by BRANDEE STILWELL
art by RON RANDALL and GUS VAZQUEZ
cover by BEN CALDWELL
Before Tonya Lightfoot became Los Angeles’ most decorated detective, she was a wee sasquatch roaming the Appalachian mountains, fed a steady diet of tennis and golf (as both of her parents are pros at the local country club) and CSI episodes. But her idyllic life of pranking campers and squatching around the local golf course hits a bump in the fire road when Bigfoot hunters come to the dense forest. Would Tonya back down in the face of adversity? Not yeti! But experiencing this abominable anti-sasquatch sentiment gives her the determination to leave her home behind—she heads to the dangers of the city. After all, it’s hard to fight un-conscious bias, but crime is something America’s sassiest sasquatch is ready to tackle.
This special features a new 30-page lead story plus the backup stories from EXIT STAGE LEFT: THE SNAGGLEPUSS CHRONICLES #2-6.
PRESTIGE FORMAT | ONE-SHOT ON SALE 12.12.18 $7.99 US | 64 PAGES FC | RATED T
- Boom’s Firefly #1 Has Pre-Orders of 57,291 Copies – Any More For Any More? - October 23, 2018
- Victor Gorelick Does Not Pay Tribute to Archie’s Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What’s Up With The Inhumans Then? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Sorry, Jane Foster Isn’t Getting Her Own Comic Book? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Charles Soule – From Daredevil to Star Wars - October 23, 2018