Remember that 12 hour turn around of the Thomas Wayne casting announcement for Todd Phillips’ Joker film with Alec Baldwin? He *was* in, then he wasn’t. As of today, we know who’s taking over the role.
ComicBook.com says that Brett Cullen (Person of Interest, Narcos, Ghost Rider) has been tapped to take over the position of Bruce Wayne’s father. This isn’t even the first time Cullen has been involved in a Batman property, as he appeared in Christopher Nolan‘s The Dark Knight Rises, even though it was just as ‘congressman’.
The outlet goes on to say the reason for Baldwin’s departure was pretty much what we assumed it was; a scheduling conflict.
Joker starring Joaquin Phoenix is currently filming, and has an expected release date of October 4th, 2019.
- Todd Phillips Shares Photo of Joaquin Phoenix, Calls Him Arthur
- Warner Bros. Focusing on Supergirl Film, Drops Superman Plans
- Alec Baldwin Has Left Todd Phillips Joker Movie
- Alec Baldwin Joins the Cast of Todd Phillips' The Joker Movie
- Report: Composer Hildur Gudnadottir to Score Todd Phillips's Joker Movie
- Joaquin Phoenix Doesn't Care What You Think About His Version of the Joker
- Marc Maron Confirms 'The Joker' Movie Involvement on His Podcast
- Joaquin Phoenix Talks His "Character Study" Joker Movie
- Games of Berkeley to Host D&D “Art and Arcana” Signing Event - October 23, 2018
- ‘The Crown’: Season 3 Finds Their Camilla Parker Bowles - October 23, 2018
- ‘Marvel’s Luke Cage’: Mike Colter Posts Heartfelt Life Update - October 23, 2018
- Wanna See Imagine Dragons Music Video for ‘Ralph Breaks The Internet’? - October 23, 2018
- ‘Halloween’ 2018: Jamie Lee Curtis Rightfully Gets to Boast - October 22, 2018