Bleeding Cool has been covering the existence of ex-Marvel publisher Bill Jemas‘ new comics-and-other-media publisher Artists, Writers & Artisans. based in New York.
That it has hired ex-Marvel EIC Axel Alonso as their editor-in-chief. That the money is coming from Alexander Taussag of Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Jon Miller of multi-billion investment firm TPG Capital who recently bought the Fandom websites. That they have registered trademarks for these titles
- Animatronically Correct
- Full House
Well, it looks like they are interested in adding more to their number.
They want an Entertainment lawyer (possibly for registering more trademarks) there for ‘negotiating agreements up and down the graphic fiction, multi-media and merchandise supply chains: with writers and artists, printers and distributors, TV networks and film studios, toy and game makers, retailers and promotional partners.’ Working with our Controller and Office Manager on day-to-day operations.
Anyone fancy applying? Do let us know if you do.
- Two Meta-Looks at Comics From Marvel and DC This Week - October 19, 2018
- Archie Comics Cancels Their Marvel Digest Volumes - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Challenge Another Punisher Trademark Application by Militia Group - October 19, 2018
- So Why Are There No Comic Book Unions Then? - October 19, 2018
- Jim Steranko, Ron Frenz, George Perez, Barry Kitson and Alan Davis on The Liberty Brigade - October 19, 2018