Image Comics has announced a new series for Hardcore, the 2012 comic by Robert Kirkman and Marc Silvestri, originally conceived years earlier as part of Image’s Pilot Season. Andy Diggle will write the new comic, with art by Alessandro Vitti and covers by Dan Panosian.
Said Diggle in the press release:
Robert Kirkman and Marc Silvestri’s action-packed concept immediately appealed to me. It’s been a pleasure to write and expand upon this idea, and I can’t wait for comic book readers to see where HARDCORE goes.
I’m very happy and honored to have worked on HARDCORE. Seeing my name next to Andy Diggle for this project is fantastic. I’m thankful to Jon Moisan and his colleagues at Skybound, and Image, for giving me this opportunity. I can’t wait to share this project with readers!
The book hits stores on December 19th, and Image has released a trailer:
Imagine being able to take over the body of anyone on Earth in order to track down a rogue nuke or assassinate a dictator. Sound crazy? Not for Agent Drake and the Hardcore Program. They can turn anyone—your neighbor, your co-worker, your spouse—into a human drone to get to targets that normal soldiers can’t.
Drake is the best soldier Hardcore has to offer. But when the Program itself gets hijacked, he finds himself stranded in a body—with only 72 hours to neutralize the threat. But who can he trust when his enemy can change their appearance as easily as the rest of us changes a shirt?
- The Debut of Thorshach in Next Week’s Thor #8 - December 14, 2018
- IDW Plans Weekly Ghostbusters Event for April with 4 Teams - December 14, 2018
- DC Pulls Heroes in Crisis Poison Ivy Death Cover at Tom King’s Request - December 14, 2018
- Valiant Leaks Classified White Board with Clues for Next 12 Months of Plans - December 14, 2018
- The Fate of Cyclops Revealed in Next Week’s Extermination Finale - December 14, 2018