Dreamworks is looking to end the How to Train Your Dragon series next year in March. Director Dean DeBlois spoke to Entertainment Weekly about how they were going to end the series and coming up with the right way to say goodbye to these characters.
“We thought about it for a long time and came up with what we think is a bittersweet way to say goodbye to these characters, but the right way,” says DeBlois, who also co-wrote and directed Lilo & Stitch with former HTTYD collaborator Chris Sanders.
One of the things that they are going to explain is the line from the trailer where Hiccup says that there were more dragons when he was a kid.
“You will understand why Hiccup says, as you heard in the trailer, ‘There were dragons when I was a boy.’ And by the end of this film, you’ll have answered the question of what could have happened to them.”
Entertainment Weekly also shared two new dropped two new images from the movie.
Summary: Continues the adventure of Hiccup and his dragon Toothless.
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, directed by Dean DeBlois, stars Jay Baruchel, Cate Blanchett, T.J. Miller, Gerard Butler, Kristen Wiig, and Jonah Hill. It will be released on March 1, 2019.
- The Gifted Season 2: 3 New Promos Tease the Mutant Divide - September 21, 2018
- New TV Spot for The Nutcracker and the Four Realm Teases the Characters - September 21, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: New Images, Matt’s Darkness, New and Returning Characters - September 21, 2018
- Kingsman 3 Confirmed for 2019 and Matthew Vaughn Set to Write/Direct - September 21, 2018
- The Script for the Potential Joker/Harley Quinn Movie Is Done - September 21, 2018