One of the last appointments we had during PAX West this year was a visit at the PAX 10 booth to check out Shift Quantum. This is a game where you will zip between worlds of black and white in order to escape from each platformed level. If this game seems a bit familiar, the concept was made years ago by another designer who made one game and gave up on design afterward, but sold the rights to the IP to Fishing Cactus to make their own version.
The demo we played was well done and challenging as we had to do a little bit of platforming magic mixed with puzzle solving to get where we needed to go. Not to mention picking up special items. However, there’s more going on here than just moving from world to world, as there’s some deep psychological storyline stuff going on. If you haven’t played it, we recommend checking Shift Quantum out.
- Death Has a Mixtape in Felix The Reaper at PAX West
- Revisiting Witch It at PAX West as the Game Comes to Consoles
- Memory at a Party: We Played UFO A Go-Go at PAX West
- Revisiting the Light of Projection at PAX West
- Getting a Small Preview of Storm Boy: The Game at PAX West
- GOG.com Posts Another Poorly Chosen Tweet, Then Retracts - October 23, 2018
- Twitch Announces Four New Celebrity Twitch Talks This Weekend - October 23, 2018
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy Receives a New Launch Trailer - October 23, 2018
- Thronebreaker is Not Coming to the Nintendo Switch - October 23, 2018
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for October 23-29, 2018 - October 23, 2018