During tonight’s Nintendo Direct, the company announced a brand new mainline game in the Animal Crossing series, which will be the first since Animal Crossing: New Leaf debuted on the Nintendo 3DS way back in 2013. The game’s working title is Animal Crossing for Nintendo Switch, a title that will probably be changed before release, but its slated for a 2019 release exclusively on Nintendo’s newest console.
Other than the working title and image above, we don’t have a ton of knowledge about the 2019 Animal Crossing,as today’s announcement did not include any actual gameplay footage. Instead, we got a message from Tom Nook about making sure everyone has a nice home to return to after all that camping and smashing. However, it is a really cute way to announce a game. So far, all we know to expect is more of the same Animal Crossing fun, with some modern improvements to work well on the hybrid console.
It has been rumored for a while now that we’d be getting a new game in the series, but this is the first official confirmation of its existence.
The 2019 release wasn’t the only Animal Crossing related announcement to come out of today’s stream either. Additionally, Isabelle is joining the roster of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a playable fighter. And she looks like she’ll be pretty fun to play with a number of sight gags included into her various abilities.
You can check out both announcements from the Nintendo Direct stream here.
- From The Rumor Mill: Animal Crossing Coming in Early 2019?
- Yo-Kai Watch 3 is Coming to North America Next Year
- Game Freak Introduces Players to Town During the Nintendo Direct
- Why Post Malone Streaming Blackout Won’t Increase Call of Duty’s Popularity - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018