A little bit of an oddity this week from Epic Games as the company has removed the video capture option from Fortnite on Nintendo Switch. Nintendo’s console allows players to capture 30-seconds worth of footage, and while not all games are compatible, a game like Fortnite with the ability to replay was an absolute match. Not so much anymore as Epic Games took to Reddit and let players know that they’ve removed the option out with the latest patch, and provided what is arguably a sound reason for Switch owners to have done so.
You may have noticed we’ve disabled the Video Capture feature on Nintendo Switch as of the v5.40.2 client update. This was done for performance and stability reasons as we’ve been seeing a high rate of Out of Memory related crashes. Disabling this feature saves a significant amount of RAM while also having a positive effect on overall performance across the board.
We’ve since added a line about this in the Patch Notes and we’re considering the possibility of making this feature optional in the future for players who don’t mind taking a hit on their performance.
- Fortnite Gears Up for Season 6 and the Impending Fall Skirmish
- Epic Games Adds the 5.41 Update to Fortnite With Some Fun Surprises
- Nintendo Switch: Fortnite – Double Helix Bundle Coming in October
- SUDA51’s Killer7 Receievs a New Character Reveal Trailer
- Fortnite To Include Port-a-Fortress Soon in Battle Royale
- Yoshi's Crafted World Finally Gets a Target Date of Spring 2019
- The Ghosts Return as We're Getting Luigi's Mansion 3 for Nintendo Switch
- Nintendo Switch is Getting Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force in the Fall
- Exploring New Gaming Headsets with Turtle Beach at PAX West
- Fortnite is Getting a Version of Monopoly
- Epic Games Kicks Off the New Fortnite "High Stakes" Event
- Everything We Know About Black Ops 4's Battle Royale Mode
- Fortnite's Newest Event Comes with a Heist Battle Royale Mode
- Battlefield V's Battle Royale Mode Featured in Newest Trailer
- Com2us and Skybound Partner to Make Summoners War Comics and Animations - October 19, 2018
- Day Of The Devs 2018 Will Return to San Francisco in November - October 19, 2018
- NIS America Introduces Five New Characters to The Caligula Effect: Overdose - October 19, 2018
- Konami Will Add Data Pack 2.0 to PES 2019 Next Week - October 18, 2018
- Check Out the Animals Trailer for Farming Simulator 19 - October 18, 2018