Another game we got to check out at Daedalic Entertainment’s booth at PAX West was a cool little puzzler called Felix The Reaper. When I first saw previews of this game I had no idea what to make of it, but after playing a little, it actually warms my heart a bit. Felix is, as you would guess, a reaper who takes a lot of pride in his work. He’s smitten with an angel on the other side, and can only see her after acts of death. So, he goes about his work with his heart aflutter and mixtape a blaring as you will put people in specific positions to cause their demise.
The game is basically a challenge to construct a series of events like a puzzle where the character you’re around will ultimately end up dying. You can only move in the shadows so not to be seen, and you can kind of play with time as a mechanic to make things happen as you need them to. But ultimately, you’re stacking a long set of dominoes to fall into place at the right time. Felix The Reaper is due out sometime in 2019 and we’re looking forward to seeing it.
- The Kids Aren't Alright in The Blackout Club at PAX West
- Switching Focus in Shift Quantum at PAX West
- Memory at a Party: We Played UFO A Go-Go at PAX West
- Revisiting the Light of Projection at PAX West
- Getting a Small Preview of Storm Boy: The Game at PAX West
- Playing Boyfriend Dungeon at PAX West Made Us Question How We Date
- Adventure is Family as We Played Children of Morta at PAX West
- Review: AZIO R.C.K. Vintage Typewriter Keyboard - December 10, 2018
- Fortnite Streamer Arrested For Alleged Domestic Abuse During Stream - December 10, 2018
- Bethesda Softworks Celebrates DOOM’s 25th Anniversary - December 10, 2018
- A List of Winners From the Gamer’s Choice Awards - December 10, 2018
- Worldbuilding On Multiple Levels: An Interview with Patrick Rothfuss - December 10, 2018