It would appear that ABC is moving forward with their Designing Women sequel series, which will apparently follow a new generation of Sugarbakers.
The Hollywood Reporter says this new Designing Women WILL be a multicamera comedy like its predecessor, and will feature a group of new, young, female designers at an Atlanta interior design firm. Original series creator Linda Bloodworth Thomason will be writing the script and and executive produce along side her husband, Harry Thomason.
“I’m very excited to be working with ABC. And Sony has always been a great partner for Designing Women. Normally, I’m not a fan of reboots but Designing Women does seem to have the right fengshui for all that is going on right now. We could definitely have some fun,” Bloodworth Thomason told The Hollywood Reporter.
There is no expected air date for the series yet, or any mention of casting at this time.
- Netflix’s New ‘Carmen Sandiego’ Series Poster, Release Date - December 10, 2018
- Legendary Pictures Working on ‘The Toxic Avenger’ Feature Film - December 10, 2018
- ‘Picard’ Will Balance ‘Star Trek: Discovery’, ‘Next Generation’ Says Kurtzman - December 10, 2018
- Brie Larson Adds ‘Captain Marvel’ Items to TimesUp Auction - December 10, 2018
- Disney’s Avengers Initiative Launching Global Park Presence - December 10, 2018